Care and Community
Week of August 23rd:
God said, “It is not good for man to be alone,” and that is especially true today. Can we help connect you with a group of Doxology people near you, at least for this season, in case you (or they) have a need or urgent prayer request in the days ahead? Click the button below and fill out the form. Someone will be in touch this week to help you find the community that all of us need.Connect
- Dwell Bible App is still offering a 60-day free trial in response to this crisis. You can sign up here if you are interested!
- During this time rest and work seem to lack boundaries. It would be easy to set aside the importance of Sabbath yet we know how important it is to the way the Lord wired us. Here’s a resource to help you to practice Sabbath during this season.
- Dave Ramsey is offering a 14-day free trial of his signature study, FPU. Take the course that changed personal finances for millions. To signup for the trial click here.
- If you are concerned about your personal finances and would like wise financial advice the team who leads our FPU class are willing to do 1-on-1 mentoring with you! To sign up for a session, fill out this form. Don’t miss this opportunity!
- The Life Recovery Group is a Christ-centered 12-step recovery group that meets online at 9am on Sundays. If you or someone you love is struggling with any addictive behavior, you are not alone. There are others who understand and would love to walk with you. For more information about the group, contact Chad at email@example.com.
- Doxology has developed good relationships with some excellent counselors in the area who are still accepting appointments. To receive a referral please contact Jay Felker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Addictions are difficult to fight in normal life, much less when you are isolated, with increased stress and/or more boredom. The team at Fortify has developed an app to help find freedom from pornography. If you or someone you know would like help in fighting this battle, check out Fortify.
- Looking for marriage help or resources? Our re|engage ministry is hosting an open group over Zoom for anyone each Wednesday at 8pm. They will present a marriage topic, discussion questions, and a challenge for each week. To join and get more information about this opportunity click here and our marriage team will be in touch!
In all circumstances, if you visit with someone whose needs may seem particularly challenging feel free to reach out to our staff and “widen the circle” of care that we provide to that individual. Now more than ever is a time when the community must be present to provide the type of care and encouragement we will all need in this season.