Neighborhoods to the Nations
We believe that our God is a “missionary God” who pursues all people with a desire to reveal his glory. We believe that God has established the church for the purpose of showing and telling who He is everywhere we go. We must carry the good news from our neighborhoods to all the nations of the world.
Missions Core Values
1. We believe that God wants heaven to be filled with worshipers from every people group.
“...a great multitude that no one could count from every nation, tribe, people, and language standing before the throne and before the Lamb.”
2. We believe that every Christ-follower has been sent to demonstrate and declare God’s glory.
“As the Father sent me, I am sending you.” John 20:21
3. We believe that Jesus has given us the responsibility and the power to reach the world
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations.” Matthew 28:19-20 “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
4. We believe that to fulfill the mission we must develop disciples who will also make disciples.
“What you have heard from me...entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others.” 2Timothy 2:2
5. We believe that our missional responsibility begins right where we live.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength... Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:30-31
6. We believe that we must pursue righteousness and justice in our city.
“Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile.” Jeremiah 29:7 “Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.” Isaiah 1:17
7. We believe there is a priority to go where the gospel has not gone or has been forgotten.
“It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known.” Romans 15:20
8. We believe that in the context of worship, prayer, and fasting our church leaders are led by the Spirit in selecting and sending our missionaries.
“After they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on [Barnabas and Saul] and sent them off.” Acts 13:2-3